Donation Drop Off Events
This month we have two extra Donation Drop-off events for our annual Holiday Program: Wednesday, December 7 from 10am-2pm and Thursday, December 8 from 3-7pm at Th’Undergrounds - Cafe & Village Commons (formerly Sunnyside Church).
Please note that our final Drop-off event of 2016 is on Thursday, December 15 from 4-7pm. Due to very limited staffing, we may not be able to accommodate special arrangements. The next opportunity to deliver items will be at our regularly scheduled event on Thursday, January 5 from 11am-1pm.
Donation Drop Off is held the First Thursday of each month from 11AM-1PM and on the Third Thursday from 5-7PM at Th’Undergrounds - Cafe & Village Commons (formerly Sunnyside Centenary United Methodist Church). Donors should enter the building via a basement entrance on 35th Avenue, to the right of ramp/stairs.
Please note: we do not accept any used clothing, used toys, or furniture items. Only gently used kitchen items in good, working condition will be accepted.
Greatest Overall Need
General operating funds are our greatest need at all times! While we rely on the community to donate vital supplies and sincerely appreciate this in-kind support, Raphael House must also raise 2/3 of our emergency shelter budget each year. To make a monetary contribution or learn more about supporting us financially, please click here.
Urgent Shelter Needs:
Visit our Amazon Immediate Needs Wishlist here! These are specific items our participants and/or our shelter are in need of right now.
Diapers | Sizes 4, 5 and 6
Coffee | ground or whole bean
33 Gallon Black Trash Bags
Products for African American Hair | see our Amazon Wish List
Personal Care Products for Men and Teen Boys | deodorant, shaving cream, body wash, hair care, etc.
Shampoo, Conditioner, Body Wash and Lotion
Baby Bottles, Sippy Cups and Teething Supplies | new only
Gift cards | Fred Meyers, Home Depot and Target
New Clothing, Shoes, Socks and Underwear for Men | all sizes
Urgent Cleaning Supply Needs:
Garbage Bags | 13 Gallon, 33 Gallon
Liquid Dish Soap | orange, yellow or clear (others stain our countertops!)
Powdered Laundry Detergent | High Efficiency (HE)
Powdered Dishwasher Soap
Donation Drive Ideas:
Hair Care | full size shampoo and conditioner and/or African-American hair products (i.e. Motions, Soft sheen Carson, and Luster brand products - activating hair gel, hair relaxer, and hair grease)
Baby Items | Diapers sizes 4-6, baby wipes, bottles, sippy cups, and teething supplies
Cleaning Supplies | 33 and 13 gallon garbage bags, Ziploc bags, powdered HE laundry detergent, orange/yellow/clear liquid dish soap, powdered dishwasher soap, and sponges
We accept the following items but in limited quantity. If you are planning a drive, please see our Urgent list above for more pressing needs!
Please note that only new or gently used kitchen items in good, working condition will be accepted. Thank you!
- Saucepans and lids
- Frying pans and cooking utensils
- Can openers
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Baking dishes
- Mixing bowls
- Pillows | new only
- Sheets and blankets | twin size only
- Towels | bath and hand size
- Diapers | sizes newborn, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6
- Pull-ups | sizes 2T-3T and 3T-4T
- Baby wipes
- Baby shampoo and lotion
- Bottles and sippy cups
- Teething supplies
Due to space restrictions, we cannot accept any used clothing.
- Coats, jackets and warm outer wear | all sizes for women, men, children and teens
- Plus size clothing
- Men’s socks and underwear | all sizes
- Men’s clothing and shoes | all sizes
- Women’s underwear and bras | all sizes for women and teens, especially underwear sizes L-XXL
- Children’s underwear and socks | all sizes
- Children’s casual clothing | especially boys sizes 5 to 16
- Shampoo & Conditioner
- Body Wash & Body Lotion
- Products for men and teen boys (deodorant, shaving cream, body wash, hair care, etc.)
- Motions, Soft sheen Carson, and Luster brand products for African American hair (specifically hair lotion and leave-in conditioner) AND other pomades and products for black or curly hair (activating hair gel, hair relaxer, and hair grease)
- Chapstick and other lip care
Other General Shelter Needs:
- Gift cards such as Fred Meyers, Target and Home Depot
- Stainless steel 6’x4’ shelving (like this)
- AAA, AA, 9-volt and D batteries
- Ziplock bags in gallon and quart sizes
- Heavy duty trash bags size 33 gallon
- Light duty trash bags size 13 gallon
- Powdered Laundry Detergent | High Efficiency (HE)
- Liquid Dish Soap | orange, yellow or clear (others stain our countertops!)
- Awesome Cleaner with bleach (Dollar Store)
- Ceramabryte Stove Top Cleanser
- Heavy duty shower curtains
- Scrubber sponges
- Empty spray bottles / Bottles of window cleaner, Orange Clean, etc.
- Powder cleanser i.e. Comet or Bon Ami
- Small TV’s | new or gently used
- VCR’s and DVD players | new or gently used
- Surge Protectors | new or gently used
- Fitness videos (VHS or DVD) and magazines | new or gently used
- Planners and/or Calendars
Youth Program Needs:
- Portable USB flash memory “thumb” drives
- Basketballs, footballs, and soccer balls
- Toys that are safe for children under age 3
- Playstation 2, Wii and Xbox games | new or gently used for all ages
- Craft items i.e. beading kits, paint by number or airplanes
- Journals for kids and teens
- Board games | all ages
- Spiral notebooks