Donation Drop Off
Donation Drop Off is held the First Thursday of each month from 11AM-2PM and the Third Thursday of each month from 4-7PM at Sunnyside Centenary United Methodist Church, 3520 SE Yamhill St. Enter the building on 35th Ave.
Please note: we do not accept any used clothing, used toys or large furniture items.
Raphael House Wish Lists
Tri-Met bus tickets are one of our biggest monthly expenses. If you purchased a Chinook Book this year, there are bus tickets in the back of your book. Or consider purchasing a booklet of Adult or Youth tickets the next time you’re at Fred Meyers or Safeway. Donating them to Raphael House will help defray transportation costs for the families we serve.
Urgent Shelter Needs:
Visit our Amazon Immediate Needs Wishlist here! These are specific items our participants and/or our shelter are in need of right now.
Pillows - New, standard size bed pillows
Diapers - Size 6
African-American hair products (i.e. Motions, Soft sheen Carson, and Luster brand products - activating hair gel, hair relaxer, and hair grease)
Powdered Laundry Detergent - High Efficiency (HE)
Gift cards - Fred Meyers, Home Depot, Target, etc.
Donation Drive Ideas:
Sheets, Pillows and Blankets (twin size sheets and standard size pillows!)
Hair Care - full size shampoo and conditioner and/or African-American hair products (i.e. Motions, Soft sheen Carson, and Luster brand products - activating hair gel, hair relaxer, and hair grease)
One Kitchen Starter Kit for a family moving out of shelter includes: large laundry basket with can opener, dishes & utensils for 4, pots, pans, mixing bowl, baking dish, cutting board & sharp knife, hot pads, dish towels, dish soap & scrubber sponge. We need 4-6 of these every month!
- Saucepans and lids
- Frying pans and cooking utensils
- Can openers
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Baking dishes
- Mixing bowls
- Pillows - new
- Sheets and blankets - twin size only
- Diapers - sizes 4, 5 and 6
- Pull-ups - sizes 2T-3T and 3T-4T
- Baby shampoo and lotion
Due to space restrictions, we cannot accept any used clothing.
- Women’s underwear and bras (new) - all sizes for women and teens, especially underwear sizes L-XXL
- Children’s good, clean, casual clothing - especially boys sizes 5 to 16
- Children’s underwear and socks (new) - all sizes
- Shampoo & Conditioner
- Body Wash & Body Lotion
- Chapstick and other lip care
- Motions brand hair lotion and leave in conditioner for African American hair, other pomades and products for black or curly hair
- Nail care products - nail files and toe nail clippers
Other General Shelter Needs:
- Gift cards such as Fred Meyers, Target and Home Depot
- Stainless steel 6’x4’ shelving (like this)
- High Efficiency dry laundry detergent
- Ziplock bags in gallon and quart sizes
- Heavy duty trash bags size 39 to 45 gallon
- Light duty trash bags size 5 to 10 gallon
- Dishwashing liquid
- Scrubber sponges
- Empty spray bottles / Bottles of window cleaner, Orange Clean, etc.
- Powder cleanser i.e. Comet or Bon Ami
- AAA, AA, 9-volt and D batteries
- Heavy duty shower curtains
- Office-size trash cans
Youth Program Needs:
- Portable USB flash memory “thumb” drives
- Child size sewing machines
- Laminator and laminating plastic
- Journals for kids and teens
- Board games - all ages
- Spiral notebooks
- Yoga mats
- Basketballs, footballs, soccer balls
- Toys that are safe for children under age 3
- Playstation 2 games - all ages
- Craft items i.e. beading kits, paint by number or airplanes